How can i to turn my laptop to a view finder for canon powershot sx530hs

leonette.clarke

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
how can i tether or turn my laptop into a viewfinder for my canon powershot sx530 hs? ive been trying for over a week and im coming up short on EVERYTHING

Solution
I don't think you can. From here:
After the release of the G10 at the end of 2008 Canon stopped including the ability to control PowerShot cameras from a PC and none of their current models support this. If you are having difficulty purchasing a PowerShot camera that supports remote capture it might be worth considering a Canon EOS DSLR and our DSLR Remote Pro for Windows software.
The most recent Canon PowerShot models that can be used with PSRemote are the G10, G9, SX110 IS, SX100 IS and S5 IS.
I don't think you can. From here:
After the release of the G10 at the end of 2008 Canon stopped including the ability to control PowerShot cameras from a PC and none of their current models support this. If you are having difficulty purchasing a PowerShot camera that supports remote capture it might be worth considering a Canon EOS DSLR and our DSLR Remote Pro for Windows software.
The most recent Canon PowerShot models that can be used with PSRemote are the G10, G9, SX110 IS, SX100 IS and S5 IS.

Solution