Lordakin

Honorable
May 25, 2013
I have a M1910 5.1 multimedia speaker (http://www.microlab.cn/product_detail.asp?id=401&bigclassid=15&smallclassid=70) that i want to use with my desktop pc. My motherboard is Maximus VI Hero and it has something called "SupremeFX" which i think supports DTS Neo:pC...

I currently am connecting the speakers with an optical cable. On my sound settings i can only select 24Bits, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality) option. When i select DTS Interactive (5.1 Surround) it doesn't work and i get only a loud static noise from my speakers.

1) Does this happen because my speaker doesn't support DTS Connect?
2) Am i currently using my speakers in stereo mode?
3) How can i utilize 5.1 best?
4) Which cables shall i use? (Analog Optical etc.)

Solution
With those speakers, you best bet is to us the analog outputs from your mobo to the speakers. And then make sure that your configuration setting in windows and mobo are good. For example clicking on the speaker icon on your task bar or setting up through control panel.

In terms of DTS connect, I'm pretty sure these speakers don't have any DPS funtions. And the mobo only offers simulated surround sound by "SupremeFX" The optical input is for game consoles that do the DSP and just pass the signal along to the speakers.

terry4536

Distinguished
Herald
Mar 28, 2010
It sounds like you are not getting an input signal from the computer. In other words you are only amplifying noise. Try reconnecting the optical cable connections. Try a new optical cable . Try connecting the analog outputs to your amplifier.

With those speakers, you best bet is to us the analog outputs from your mobo to the speakers. And then make sure that your configuration setting in windows and mobo are good. For example clicking on the speaker icon on your task bar or setting up through control panel.

In terms of DTS connect, I'm pretty sure these speakers don't have any DPS funtions. And the mobo only offers simulated surround sound by "SupremeFX" The optical input is for game consoles that do the DSP and just pass the signal along to the speakers.

Solution