How do I adjust the volume on my DVD player without sound buttons on remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2018
How do I adjust the volume on my DVD player?

I've got both picture and sound, but the sound is way too low.

I did hook up:
Screen – Samsung SyncMaster 226BW
DVD player – Panasonic DVD-S58

I can't find any sound buttons on the DVD player itself, the remote or the screen.

Solution

You need an amplifier. Powered speakers comes with a built in amplifier, but it seems your speakers are just normal passive speakers. Probably your LP...
D

Deleted member 217926

The DVD player doesn't have a volume. You have to turn up the volume on whatever speakers you're using. If you're using the speakers on the monitor you need to turn those up.

May 20, 2018

First of all thank you for the answer! It helps a lot to know that I need to turn up the volume on my speakers. However, I can't find any volume buttons on the speakers either. Do you think I need different speakers then? My current ones does not belong to the DVD player – I just tried them because they had the right plugs.

D

Deleted member 217926

I can't imagine powered speakers with no volume controls. No remote with them? Can you post a model number or picture?

May 20, 2018

Earlier I used the same speakers with my LP player, (which worked perfectly since the LP player obviously got volume controls). I don't know whether or not the speakers belongs to the LP player. There might have been a remote with them as far as I know, but I can't remember seeing one, as the speakers were already pretty old and used when I got them.

I don't have the speakers on hand at the moment, but I will post a model number or picture when I do!

This is what happens when u put things piece-meal fashion. I understand, they are there, is already paid for, it works, but then expect annoyances like this.

A proper AVR, there is your main volume control, then each input often can be adjusted because different sources don't always send you same volume levels. Proper AVR, switch back and forth, no need to re-adjust volume every time.

Kasper Jorgensen

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017

You need an amplifier. Powered speakers comes with a built in amplifier, but it seems your speakers are just normal passive speakers. Probably your LP player is a type with a built in amplifier, so that's why it worked.
Typically DVD players only send out a line level signal, that should be send to an amplifier which can then drive the speakers.

Solution
May 20, 2018

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.