Solved! How do I connect a benq w6000 to a sony dvd home theatre system model DAV-HDX589w

Feb 5, 2019
I am trying to get the audio set up from my Benq W6000 projector to my Sony DVD home theatre system model number DAV HDX589W. I have my roku plugged into hdmi 2. There is only one hdmi plug in the receiver and two in the projector. I am trying to use a white and red to 3.5 aux to connect the sound but it is not working. Any help that yall can give would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Solution
Some projectors don't send digital audio from the HDMI input to the analog audio output. You would not get the best sound if it did.
Get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction.
Connect the Roku and DVD to the HDMI inputs of the switch.
Connect the HDMI output of the switch to the HDMI input of the projector.
Connect the optical audio output of the switch to the optical input of the Sony.
This way you will get digital surround sound from the Roku and any other sources you connect to the switch.
Some projectors don't send digital audio from the HDMI input to the analog audio output. You would not get the best sound if it did.
Get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction.
Connect the Roku and DVD to the HDMI inputs of the switch.
Connect the HDMI output of the switch to the HDMI input of the projector.
Connect the optical audio output of the switch to the optical input of the Sony.
This way you will get digital surround sound from the Roku and any other sources you connect to the switch.

Solution