Solved! How do I connect headphones to my LG (Model # 47LW5700) TV so that I can have sound through headphones and TV speaker?

Dec 14, 2018
I have LG TV (Model # 47LW5700) with only one Optical Digital Audio Output, I want to connect wireless headphones to TV and still be able to hear the TV speakers. Voulme needs to be louder with headphones for one person, and sound from TV lower for the other person.

Solution
If the TV will let you leave the internal speakers on with the optical output active then you connect a bluetooth transmitter to the optical input and pair your headphone with it.
If the TV won't let you do that then you will need to split the optical output, connect both a soundbar and the BT transmitter to that.
You will need to set the optical output to PCM stereo in either case.
If the TV will let you leave the internal speakers on with the optical output active then you connect a bluetooth transmitter to the optical input and pair your headphone with it.
If the TV won't let you do that then you will need to split the optical output, connect both a soundbar and the BT transmitter to that.
You will need to set the optical output to PCM stereo in either case.

Solution
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for taking the time to post an answer - actually found just what you have suggested yesterday after searching around and found this which I think is one of the best out there - allows optical pass through the bluetooth transmitter to a sound bar and allows headphones and sound bar to be on the same time - if you know any that are better I'd appreciate it if you can share the details
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Simultaneously-Oasis-Plus-Supports-aptX-HD-LL/dp/B07BQYYDNJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1545056206&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=avantree+oasis+plus&dpPl=1&dpID=41lr69ghEaL&ref=plSrch