How do I connect my magnavox dvd recorder / vcr ZV427MG9 to my directv receiver HR54-700

Martinezja2004

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017
How do I connect my magnavox dvd recorder / vcr ZV427MG9 to my directv receiver HR54-700?
Receiver has the following:
A/V Out
Digital audio output (optical)
HDMI
ETHERNET
SATA
Digital Audio Output (coax)
SAT in SWM-5

DVD COMBO MAGNAVOX has the following:
HDMI
Digital Audio Output (coax)
Audio Out L
Audio Out R
S-Video out
DVD/VCR component video out Y, Pb/Cb, PR/Cr
S-Video in
In-Audio-out L, R, in video
In-Audio-out L, R, out video

Solution
For recording connect the DTV receiver AV output to the AV input on the DVD/VCR. You will have to check that the AV output works at the same time as the HDMI output.
The DTV box connects to the TV with HDMI for normal viewing.
Some DVD/VCRs require two connections for best picture. Connect the component video+audio outputs to the TV for best DVD picture.Often the VCR cannot be viewed through this connection so you have to connect the composite video+audio output to the TV for the VCR. The DVD will play back through this connection but with lower quality picture than the component video connection.
For recording connect the DTV receiver AV output to the AV input on the DVD/VCR. You will have to check that the AV output works at the same time as the HDMI output.
The DTV box connects to the TV with HDMI for normal viewing.
Some DVD/VCRs require two connections for best picture. Connect the component video+audio outputs to the TV for best DVD picture.Often the VCR cannot be viewed through this connection so you have to connect the composite video+audio output to the TV for the VCR. The DVD will play back through this connection but with lower quality picture than the component video connection.

Solution