Solved! How do I connect my Moto DVR, Harmon Hardon Reciever 700 to my Samsung Smart Tv 6950. Nobody can help as far as manufactures.

rjmehre

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
I have tried the manuals and well like most confusing. Tried optical from Reciver to TV and HDMI to I put 1 got pic no sound. Tried Arc from Reciver to TV no luck. Help.....

Solution
You can connect the DVR to the TV with HDMI.
You can connect the TV to the receiver with either optical or HDMI-ARC.
Check the TV manual on how to configure the one you choose to use. You may have to turn it on, turn the TV speakers off and change the audio output type in the TV menu. If you use ARC then the receiver HDMI out has to connect to the HDMI-ARC input on the TV.
You can connect the DVR to the TV with HDMI.
You can connect the TV to the receiver with either optical or HDMI-ARC.
Check the TV manual on how to configure the one you choose to use. You may have to turn it on, turn the TV speakers off and change the audio output type in the TV menu. If you use ARC then the receiver HDMI out has to connect to the HDMI-ARC input on the TV.

Solution

rjmehrens

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Tried this one and did not work. I went Opical from TV to Reciver.Tried ARC on Reciver to TV same. When I use DVR HDMI I get both on TV but nothing on Reciver. Going DVR TO Reciver and ARC in both nothing as well.

rjmehre

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
WWII tried everything posted so far and no luck. Surf the net and just found not a thing that actually says do this first second and so on. You spend good money and every points fingers back to each other. My frustration is beyond my ability to calmly to Samsung and harman. E mails take weeks for a response unacceptable Samsung just won't say a word. I m willing to bet if I hired an installer it would be running. Perhaps I should and split the bill to each grrrrrrrrrrrr

rjmehrens

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Well I have concluded that my receiver is shot, since I am unable to get AM FM signals as well. This unit is just over a year old. Now Im thinking sound bar. Or back to Onkyo.