How do I disable the built in keyboard on an Acer Aspire V5 laptop running win 8.1?

atraeon

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
I need to know how to disable the keyboard on my laptop. Recently water was spilled on my Acer Aspire V5 running Win 8.1. The keyboard doesn't work except for the fact that the laptop always thinks shift is being pressed. I can plug in a USB keyboard and everything seems to work fine except again the laptop always thinks shift is being pressed. I guess I need to know how to turn off the touchpad as well since from now on I'll be sitting a keyboard on top of it. I already use a USB mouse. I really need to know fast since I'm not sure how much longer this thing is going to last. Thanks.

Solution
A relatively simple solution is to remove the few screws that holds the keyboard in place and just unplug the keyboard ribbon cable.

At that point, you may wish to just buy a spare keyboard off ebay and just replace it.

weilin

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
A relatively simple solution is to remove the few screws that holds the keyboard in place and just unplug the keyboard ribbon cable.

At that point, you may wish to just buy a spare keyboard off ebay and just replace it.

Solution