Solved! How do I fix this display issue?

Feb 4, 2019
I bought a new HDMI to VGA adapter for my laptop (Lenovo Flex 15, model 20309.) When I connected it to my Dell (E228WFP) monitor, it cut out the bottom and was blurry. I fixed it by duplicating my laptop screen. How do I fix it so that I don't have to use my laptop screen?

Solution
I believe that the Dell monitor has a DVI-D input. You would be better off with a HDMI to DVI-D adapter or cable. This would avoid the digital video signal to analog video signal conversion that is needed with using the VGA input of the monitor. If you have to use the VGA input, make sure to get an active HDMI to VGA adapter.

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
I believe that the Dell monitor has a DVI-D input. You would be better off with a HDMI to DVI-D adapter or cable. This would avoid the digital video signal to analog video signal conversion that is needed with using the VGA input of the monitor. If you have to use the VGA input, make sure to get an active HDMI to VGA adapter.

Solution
Feb 4, 2019

I actually plugged in the adapter via Micro-USB but it is not making any difference in the signal quality.

Feb 4, 2019

I actually have tried that, but it is not doing anything.

Feb 4, 2019

I will try that, thanks!