How do I fix "working on updates 100% complete. Don't turn off your computer" (Asus laptop with Windows 8.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swandog345

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
New Asus laptop with Windows 8.1 is stuck running the following message and can't access anything on the laptop.

It says "Working on Updates 100% complete Don't turn off your computer". Why won't it stop being stuck in this mode?

Eureka79

Estimable
Aug 9, 2015

Same thing here and I have been waiting for over 2 days. I NEED MY COMPUTER BACK!!!

gyaseries

Estimable
Aug 17, 2015
Just turn on your wifeless so that the pc can connect. I believe some updates are from the internet. The pc gets stuck at 100 because it will be waiting for the internet connection
Regards

Dave

Cherie_1

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015

I've had this problem for a day now. I've forced the computer to shut down, I've even gone as far as to take the battery out, but it just comes back to the updates screen every time.
My wifi is on and my laptop is connected to the internet.

huesiewfong

Commendable
May 6, 2016
me too, stuck almost 3 days :( , anyway today i get the solve the problem. i hold the on/off button about 30 - 50 second then it automotically off the computer . then i on again..., oh yes..., is go back the normal screen :) hope it can help u too

huesiewfong

Commendable
May 6, 2016
me too, i stuck about few days liao, anyway i solve it today ...:) . i hold the on/off button 30 - 50 second. then it automatically off the computer liao, then i on again , it go to the normal screen liao, oh...yes!! hope it can help u all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.