How do I make my sd card the default for storage on a samsung galaxy tab E

Bobbi1669

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
I've been able to move some apps to the sd card but on many, it will not let me change the storage and I'm unable to update apps.

Solution
Well, it is going to depend on what version of Android it is running. If it is running what it came with, which should be "Lollipop", then you can't move them over. However, if you have upgraded to, or can upgrade it to, "Marshmallow", then you 'may' be able to make the change. I say 'may' because it is possible the manufacturer has restricted this option on the device. It happens.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select...
Well, it is going to depend on what version of Android it is running. If it is running what it came with, which should be "Lollipop", then you can't move them over. However, if you have upgraded to, or can upgrade it to, "Marshmallow", then you 'may' be able to make the change. I say 'may' because it is possible the manufacturer has restricted this option on the device. It happens.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your tablet.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution