How do I move apps to SD card with vivo y53 android 6.0.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainjudejoseph

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
My storage is really low right now and ive wasted alot of money just to buy this sd card it has alot of memory and since android 6.0.1 cant transfer to sd card how do i do it?

Solution
In truth, the model of phone is not the factor that matters, but the version of Android is the one that is key. Hence the listing of "Marshmallow" and others in the info.
First, you need to be using a phone that is running at least Android "Marshmallow" (or newer) or be able to upgrade to it. Second, you will need the instructions I am including below. And third, you need a phone that has not been restricted by the manufacturer from making this change. Which does happen.

NOTE: If any of the steps are missing on your phone, or they don't work for you, then you have a phone that either has an older Android version or has been restricted by the manufacturer. If that is the case, you will not be able to use this information.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow" a.k.a. 6.0.

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Nougat" a.k.a. 7.0.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.

1. Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
2. At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage.
3. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.

If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.

These instructions are for a device using Android, as mentioned in the instructions. If you are using a different OS on a rooted device, that I can't help with. I would suggest posting any issues in the form for rooted phones. While it is for phones, the OS's are often for both kinds of device.

Feb 24, 2018

I HAVE A ZTE PHONE RUNNING 6.0.1 AND I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE AS "MAINJUDEJOSEPH"....THERE ARE NO "THREE DOTS" THAT GIVE YOU FURTHER OPTIONS. IS THERE AN APP OR SOMETHING THAT WILL HELP ME MOVE FILES TO SD CARD THROUGH MY PC? BECAUSE I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE DRIVER TO MY PC, BUT I HAVE A HELL OF A TIME TRYING TO COPY AND PASTE FROM INTERNAL TO SD CARD! uuugh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.