How do i obtain a satellite signal into my second TV and get 1080P image

El Yolero

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
I have Dish Network and I bought a new small flat screen 1080p for my kitchen. The image is not as sharp as it was in the store. The signal comes from the satellite via a coaxial cable, however the TV best connection is thru HDMI. Can I used an Coaxial to HDMI apadter, and get a sharper image on my new flat screen?

I would appreciate input.

Solution
D
You have coax from the dish to your receiver. Do you have an HD receiver or DVR? If so you would use an HDMI cable from the receiver to your TV. If you don't have an HD box you will not be able to get an HD signal.

I don't know if Dish still has standard definition boxes in circulation or not. I have had Directv for years and they did a big replacement thing a few years ago to make sure everyone had HD capable equipment.
D

Deleted member 217926

You have coax from the dish to your receiver. Do you have an HD receiver or DVR? If so you would use an HDMI cable from the receiver to your TV. If you don't have an HD box you will not be able to get an HD signal.

I don't know if Dish still has standard definition boxes in circulation or not. I have had Directv for years and they did a big replacement thing a few years ago to make sure everyone had HD capable equipment.

Solution