Solved! How do I pass this screen error message

lmo6

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017
I have a Lenova G70 and before leaving for work, my laptop prompted to update and restart when shutting down. Just came back from work and there is a pop up nothing the following:
Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation. The only options are the ok button (which I’ve tried several times and it just restarts) or the x button which ends in the same result. I’ve powered on and off and it still brings the pop up and doesn’t allow for the screen to continue to the sign in page. Help!!!!!

Solution
Try turning off the WiFi in the area, or take the laptop to an area that has no WiFi it can connect to, and then restart it. If the problem is with it trying repeatedly to update, that should allow it to pass that point. Then you can go back to/turn back on the WiFi.

If that has no effect, then there may be a problem with the hard drive.
Try turning off the WiFi in the area, or take the laptop to an area that has no WiFi it can connect to, and then restart it. If the problem is with it trying repeatedly to update, that should allow it to pass that point. Then you can go back to/turn back on the WiFi.

If that has no effect, then there may be a problem with the hard drive.

Solution

lmo6

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017
Turning the WiFi didn’t help but I appreciate you reaching out. I’ve also tried holding shift+F10 as some have suggested and it still stays on the screen :(