How do i power up my sennheiser game zero to its full potential?

Zetetetete

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
I recently bought a sennheiser game zero for competitive cs go and occasionally listening to music and watching movies.I was a bit disappointed when i used them on my onboard soundcard(msi gaming 7 with audioboost2 and a lot of other features also with the creative soundblaster 2 utility).So upon looking it up on the internet i came to know that these headphones are 150ohms.So i bought a asus xonar u7 usb dac with headphone amp hoping to power those headphones..The soundquality and volume improved a bit but i feel the headphones are still not performing the way they should be(thats what i infer from all the reviews and posts).The highs and mids are ok but the bass is very low.I was previously using a siberiav2 which had much better bass..what should i do to power up the game zero to its full potential?

Solution
just the impedence (150ohm) means nothing on its own. what is also important is sensitivity (how hard they are to drive). while it may not be the most powerful of amps, the u7 should be perfectly capable of powering them.

if you read further in depth you will note that the game zero has known bass issues, mostly due to the low clamp force (push the earpads against your head, bass will increase). also keep in mind that what users perceive as "enough bass" varies from one individual to another. for instance a basshead or bass enthusiast considers the ad700x to have absolutely no bass presence at all (they perceive bass as sub-bass or deeper bass only) while someone who is not might think they have the perfect amount (they do have punchy...
just the impedence (150ohm) means nothing on its own. what is also important is sensitivity (how hard they are to drive). while it may not be the most powerful of amps, the u7 should be perfectly capable of powering them.

if you read further in depth you will note that the game zero has known bass issues, mostly due to the low clamp force (push the earpads against your head, bass will increase). also keep in mind that what users perceive as "enough bass" varies from one individual to another. for instance a basshead or bass enthusiast considers the ad700x to have absolutely no bass presence at all (they perceive bass as sub-bass or deeper bass only) while someone who is not might think they have the perfect amount (they do have punchy but not overwhelming mid-bass but absolutely no real deep bass). the same headphones can be reviewed two different ways by two different individuals. judging by reviews is a very fickle thing indeed as we all have our own preferences.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS