How do I put a laptop key back onto my Asus X401A1?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Grossly

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
Hello,

My # one key came off of my Asus X401A1 laptop, and i'm having trouble putting it back on. i've looked everywhere I can think of for help, bUT no luck.
Some websites haven't even heard of my laptops model number(X401A1)
Can anyone help me figure this out? It's driving me crazy - I need my one key back on my laptop.

Also, what series is my laptop/how can I find out what series it is? The model number of the laptop is X401A1.

Also, if the key can't be put back on, is there a way to get the key to work again, without putting the cap back on? The little rubber thing is still attached to the keyboard, but not the hinges or the cap.

(My little brother decided it was a good idea to take the key off)

Thank you in advance!

Solution
warranty is usually 1year unless you buy the extended warranty which is usually 2 to 3yrs. I did that link to show that a site does know about your laptop model.

Grossly

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your time and patience. I tried my best to post a picture. I hope this helps. I think there's a pin missing. Sorry for the low resolution, it's the best I can do. Is there a way to fix it with one of the pins broken? Please, take a look.

2ir9qw2.jpg

ng9a13.jpg

2rddkwy.jpg

Grossly

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016

I would really love to not buy a new keyboard. How can I go about buying a new scissor frame for my specific keyboard/laptop? Also, is there a creative way to make the frame work without buying a new frame? I appreciate your help!

Grossly

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016

Thank you for your help.