how do i save a file from my chromebook onto a sd card, it dosent say save to sd card please help

helen_x

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
i need help with saving my music file from my chromebook to my sd card. it dose not give me an option and i can not drag and drop as it wont let me. please help

Solution
Have you made sure that the card formatted to work in the device? That, or the card being bad, would the be the only reasons it won't allow you to just copy and paste.

If the card is from a "Phone" or a "Tablet" I would suggest putting it back in the device it came from, which it is formatted to, and then plugging that device into the laptop via USB. That should resolve the problem.
Have you made sure that the card formatted to work in the device? That, or the card being bad, would the be the only reasons it won't allow you to just copy and paste.

If the card is from a "Phone" or a "Tablet" I would suggest putting it back in the device it came from, which it is formatted to, and then plugging that device into the laptop via USB. That should resolve the problem.

Solution

Steve Simons

Estimable
May 31, 2014
Lower right corner there should be a little o (next to your log in stuff). Click on that. It should open the SD/USB device. If it doesn't, then it isn't inserted properly, not compatible, not formatted, or bad.