How do i set the default download storage to an sd card on Sony Xperia M4

Unfortunately you can't. Unless your phone is using the Marshmallow version of the android OS, it won't allow for downloading to an SD card.

Also, even if you did have Marshmallow on your phone, most sites like Google Play don't allow downloading to SD cards. Plus, most apps don't allow for use from a card.

I would suggest, if you need more room on the phone, moving all that you can to your SD card and then continuing downloads to the phone itself. If any app or file you download is movable, you can then move it over to the card.

Unfortunately you can't. Unless your phone is using the Marshmallow version of the android OS, it won't allow for downloading to an SD card.

Also, even if you did have Marshmallow on your phone, most sites like Google Play don't allow downloading to SD cards. Plus, most apps don't allow for use from a card.

I would suggest, if you need more room on the phone, moving all that you can to your SD card and then continuing downloads to the phone itself. If any app or file you download is movable, you can then move it over to the card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Android Smartphones 3
B Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 2
B Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 2
F Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 2
J Android Smartphones 1
Z Android Smartphones 1
P Android Smartphones 1
L Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 2
D Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 3
N Android Smartphones 1
C Android Smartphones 1
Similar threads
How can I make and SD card the default storage and download location on j500h Android Marshmallow (ver. 6.0.1)?
How to set default download location to external sd card on Lenovo A1000
HAve my memory card as my default storage
How to set my sd card as a default storage on my Samsung -sm-j120a android version 6.0.1
Alcatel pixi 4, Video and audio not downloading to SD card even though the card is set as default storage
I have Micromax canvas express 2 all the downloaded and shared apps and other things go to phone storage even if the default s
How to set default download location of email message attachments to my external storage on my galaxy s8 plus running on nouga
How to set the default download location as the internal storage after setting it to the SD card
How to set my SD card as a default download storage source on LG K8? Thanks in advance!
How to set default download location to external sd card on Samsung Galaxy core prime
How do i set the download location to default to the SD card instead of device storage (which is maxxed out) on a Galaxy s4 ?
Default storage setting SD card YU yunique plus
I have a Android 4Huawel and I added a bigger and card I switched my default to sd card but still can't download any apps and
How to set my memory card as default storage for everything, ,for examle like whatsapp videos and pics or any downloaded conte
SD card internal memory issues with my HTC Desire 626s.
How do i set my samsung galaxy s4 mini, sd card to be a default storage for videos, photos, downloads e.t.c?
how to download apps by default to SD card on htc 510
How do I make my sd card the default download and installation location in my lg optimus exceed?
how i can set default download location as primary storage as sd card in moto e
default as storage when downloadin

ASK THE COMMUNITY