Solved! How do I shut off discoverable Wifi on LG SK6Y Soundbar

Xboxerj

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
Good afternoon. I am trying to find out how to shut off discoverable Wifi on my new LG SK6Y soundbar. I have followed the instructions to shut off bluetooth but whenever I use my phone or my wife uses hers the soundbar's wifi connection shows as available with the title of setup on it. How do I keep this from happening and disconnect the wifi permanently? I don't use it but I can't find out how to shut it off at the bar. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Thank you for responding. I wasn't sure if it was a problem since it always showed as an open connection I could connect to. I couldn't find anything anywhere online even on the full manual pdf but every time my phone is within range I get "LG_Speaker_Setup_7660" in my wifi networks. I didn't know if just 'forgetting' the connection was the right thing to do and while I'm not sure of the range if anyone nearby could connect to it via wifi it has no security and I didn't know if it could somehow affect my personal network. Thanks again.

I thought it was poping up with a message to connect, if you just see it in the available networks that is normal. You can't hop over to your home network using it. But it should not be...

Xboxerj

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
Thank you for responding. I wasn't sure if it was a problem since it always showed as an open connection I could connect to. I couldn't find anything anywhere online even on the full manual pdf but every time my phone is within range I get "LG_Speaker_Setup_7660" in my wifi networks. I didn't know if just 'forgetting' the connection was the right thing to do and while I'm not sure of the range if anyone nearby could connect to it via wifi it has no security and I didn't know if it could somehow affect my personal network. Thanks again.

I thought it was poping up with a message to connect, if you just see it in the available networks that is normal. You can't hop over to your home network using it. But it should not be just open to connect to anyone, I would contact LG support about this. No company should have even a private WiFi signal that anyone can connect to.

Solution