How do I stop Tom'sGuides popups on the bottom of Google Chrome

Dec 4, 2018
Since downloading something from Tom'sGuide, I now get repeated PopUps down in the right hand bottom of my Chrome Browser?

These are not popups, but little add on messages (I assume). I use Ad Blocker and these are the only things that pop up. It always has www.tomsguide.com as the url while advertising just about everything. It is very annoying, and I'd like it to stop. I checked Google Chrome extensions, but I don't see any from Tomsguide.com.

I'd love to show an image but I can't upload a pic.

Thx for any and all help.

Lee

Dec 4, 2018
Thx, but......

Can't I just upload from my computer? I have no desire to join that site, nor do I have any idea how to upload an image to it and then link it in a message.

Maybe if I uninstall Chrome completely (I use Firefox mainly anyway) and then reinstall will fix it?

I just think it is rather brazen of Tom'sguide to start doing this in my browser with some sneaky unwanted code.

rgd1101

Don't

You probably click on allowing notification
http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3243311/turn-toms-guide-notifications.html

Dec 4, 2018
I just got one, but for some reason, Snaggit won't print that area. When I click on the Notification Icon in my toolbar (looks like a thought cloud) it says:

MICROSOFT ADMITS DEFEAT

This is Dead.

2:25 PM : downloads.tomsguide.com

This is the first time that it wasn't advertising for something. I am clean of viruses and spyware. This occurs ONLY on Chrome and not on Firefox.

?????

rgd1101

Don't

read this post
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3528460/unsubscribe-toms-guide.html#20209228

Dec 4, 2018
Thx...I unchecked everything, so I hope it works. My only concern is that it says that I have been a member since Dec 4. I signed up just to post this message. I only downloaded one app from here. I have been receiving popups for about a month, but since I don't use Chrome that often, it didn't annoy me TOO much. However, I've had to use it now for something that didn't work well on Firefox.