How do i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don_27

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
So I have a Samsung 50in LCD un50J5200 tv it has optical out audio out 3.5 Rca audio two hdmi without ARC aux in it has hdmi multimedia interface supports ddp dts 5.1 DivX hd day studio sound and mhl I have an older home Sony theater receiver with the Orange Cable hole optical in and I think Rca. I have a Sound bar with optical in aux.. hdmi ARC how do I hook up both the Sound bar and the receiver to hear both using the Sound bar as my Center and my receiver for surround can I do that do I need hdmi converters or can I use a double optical converter to hook up both or can I change my regular hdmi to ARC help please someone I want all the Sound thankyou

Solution
The way to do this is to connect a speaker to line level converter
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_142LOC80/Scosche-LOC80.html
to the center channel speaker terminals on the Sony (connect both left and right inputs of the converter in parallel to the same two terminals). That connects to the aux input on the soundbar.
TV connects to receiver with optical cable or ARC. Doesn't really make any difference so you can leave all that the way you already have it.
You will need to go through the Sony receiver set up to balance the volume of the soundbar to the other speakers.
This is the only way to use the soundbar as a true center speaker.
The way to do this is to connect a speaker to line level converter
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_142LOC80/Scosche-LOC80.html
to the center channel speaker terminals on the Sony (connect both left and right inputs of the converter in parallel to the same two terminals). That connects to the aux input on the soundbar.
TV connects to receiver with optical cable or ARC. Doesn't really make any difference so you can leave all that the way you already have it.
You will need to go through the Sony receiver set up to balance the volume of the soundbar to the other speakers.
This is the only way to use the soundbar as a true center speaker.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.