How do lightning to SD card connectors work?

nearlynerd

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
on the apple website (http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD822ZM/A/lightning-to-sd-card-camera-reader) it says that the reader is to download files onto the ipad, so your can then view them on their. my question is, having never used one i don't know, can you insert an SD card into it and simply view the photos on it without having to transfer then?

Reason for the question is because i am going on holiday soon and would like to view my photos properly without having to take up space on the IPad in the process

Any useful comments would really help, or other alternatives to my problem.

Solution
Yes, you can view the photos stored on the card without having to transfer them, at least that's how it works with other card readers that plug in to a laptop or PC.

However, it would be wise to copy them to your iPad at least until you get back home where you can back them up to another storage device, because the memory chips in memory cards can become corrupted without any warning, destroying any data that's on them.
Yes, you can view the photos stored on the card without having to transfer them, at least that's how it works with other card readers that plug in to a laptop or PC.

However, it would be wise to copy them to your iPad at least until you get back home where you can back them up to another storage device, because the memory chips in memory cards can become corrupted without any warning, destroying any data that's on them.

Solution