How do you keep your email address when changing outlook express?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross11

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
My computer has recently got to the the state where it is almost unusable so I am going to do a clean install to change from Windows xp to Windows 7. When Windows 7 is installed I will also change to a newer version of Microsoft office. I want to know how I can keep my old email address in a newer OS and a newer version of outlook express and also how do I keep all my contacts in the contacts list.

Ross11

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
If I change to one of these can I still keep my same email address(example@upcmail.ie) or will I have to change address. Also I would appreciate if you could give me a brief guide(or provide a link to one) on exporting and importing all the information as I have had trouble figuring out how.

Ross11

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
Sorry for the late reply. I have been looking at my options and trying different programs and I really like mozilla thunderbird. I am still not sure how to use my old address, import emails etc. It asks for a password when creating an account but I am pretty sure there is no password for outlook express.

RealBeast

Distinguished
You only need a password for your email if your ISP requires one. Most ISPs require a username and password (the simple unencrypted type usually) to log on to check email -- it would be the same password as if you logged in through your ISP webmail interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.