How hookup new Samsung LED TV to old DVD player

SKINNYBUT

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
I have a Samsung Led TV ( model UN40H5003AFXZA )
and a old
PY90DG DVD player the records.
I can get the DVD player to play DVD's
But I can't get to record DVD's
HELP

Solution

Looks like it will, but don't expect miracles @ $27. You will still need to add an external Hard Drive to store the recordings. Read the reviews, specially the negative ones and see whether you can live with the minuses.

I would pay special attention to quality of recording, is there a limitation on file size (how long recording can be), format of the HD supported (dictates file size and partition size, may limits you how many recordings you can store). How friendly is the interface (how easy is to access after you have accumulated hundreds of recordings). Can you RW/FF quickly (limited by the speed of the USB interface)?

A lesser side issue is, if you ever want to share the recordings or be able to edit them...

SKINNYBUT

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
TV%20TO%20DVD_zpsqa83b3fz.jpg
[/URL][/img]I have recorded many DVD's with this PY90DG DVD player before, on my old TV. I can get the DVD player to play DVD's. But I can't get it to record DVD's on my Samsung Led TV ( model UN40H5003AFXZA )
ANY IDEAS.
I have (HDMI in STB) on the LED TV could I go HDIM to RCA cables to the DVD player?

SKINNYBUT

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
Digital broadcasts. Bought the LED TV July of 2016. DVD recorder/player is about 15 years old.
Maybe I should scrap the DVD Player/Recorder.
What should I buy?
I have NO cable TV.
Just a antenna to receive TV programs.

BINGO!

15 years ago, Digital TV didn't exist.

Yes, scrap that baby, you need a box called a DVR (Digital Video Recorder). One specifically with an ATSC Tuner (ATSC=proper name for digital TV from aerial).

Looks like it will, but don't expect miracles @ $27. You will still need to add an external Hard Drive to store the recordings. Read the reviews, specially the negative ones and see whether you can live with the minuses.

I would pay special attention to quality of recording, is there a limitation on file size (how long recording can be), format of the HD supported (dictates file size and partition size, may limits you how many recordings you can store). How friendly is the interface (how easy is to access after you have accumulated hundreds of recordings). Can you RW/FF quickly (limited by the speed of the USB interface)?

A lesser side issue is, if you ever want to share the recordings or be able to edit them, then it needs to record in a standard video format and not something proprietary that only it can playback.

Solution