how i can connect a blue ray player a dvd player cable box a hdtv to an old receiver

xhoco

Estimable
Mar 19, 2015
I have a blue ray player Samsung bd-f5900 , a dvd player toshiba sd-3890 , a cable box cisco Explorer 464hdc , a Samsung hdtv series 610 and an old Pioneer vsx-9700s receiver . I'd like to connect all of them to receiver to listen through the stereo system speakers
I already have a digital tonslink to analog audio converter 2 hdmi cables 1 component cable and several a/v cable. I'd like to switch from cable to air in my tv and hear the sound through the receiver because I live in the USA - Mexico border and some Mexican channels are not avaikable through my cable provider.thank you for your help.

Connect all your video sources to the TV. Connect the input of the DAC to the TV optical audio output. Connect the R/L output of the DAC to any input on the surround sound receiver (such as video 1). You may have to change the audio output of the TV to get the DAC to work.
TV audio menu should have two options so choose the other one if you don't get sound.
The TV volume control will not affect the volume so you will use the receiver for volume control.