How is this in terms of a gaming laptop?

chainers

Honorable
May 10, 2013
Hello all,

I am looking for a gaming laptop, and am trying to spend under 1K. It is gonna be a secondary computer (going to friends house, traveling, etc) and I would prefer it to be decent for about 3-4 years, if possible.

I prefer to play games like Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, Mad Max and the Fallout/Skyrim series (though probably not mobile).

How would this do?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154497

Solution

Hey man, thanks for the tip! I ended up going with a SABRE laptop - mostly because when I ordered through XoticPC I could opt to remove all the bloatware, get a little better wifi...
Overall specs are good. But MSI laptops tends to have short battery life when just doing average daily tasks based on reviews of their other laptop models. If you are only using when plugged in then battery life does not matter too much then.

Just be aware that game performance when running on the battery will not be as good as when it is plugged into an A/C outlet. Laptop GPUs are designed to run at lower speeds when running on the battery so that the laptop can at least generally function for anywhere between 60 to 90 minutes on a full charge.

chainers

Honorable
May 10, 2013

Hey man, thanks for the tip! I ended up going with a SABRE laptop - mostly because when I ordered through XoticPC I could opt to remove all the bloatware, get a little better wifi specs, and the thermal paste. However, I hope I ended up with the right choice!

I will remember that for gaming. I plan to use it for that purpose when I travel for work, or to go visit family.

Thanks again!

Solution