How much are my old laptops worth?

Solution

Hate to play devil's advocate but, they're worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. You can set an asking price but may never find someone willing to buy at that price. That said, the price greatly depends on the physical condition of the laptops, whether they've seen heavy usage, if they've had viruses/trojans/etc on them in the past. Things like that will affect how much you can get for them. Maybe look at current laptop specs such...

Zooshooter

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

Hate to play devil's advocate but, they're worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. You can set an asking price but may never find someone willing to buy at that price. That said, the price greatly depends on the physical condition of the laptops, whether they've seen heavy usage, if they've had viruses/trojans/etc on them in the past. Things like that will affect how much you can get for them. Maybe look at current laptop specs such as processor speed, then figure out what % of that your laptops are and deduct the % difference from the price of the new laptops to get the price you could expect if you were selling your laptops as new. Then deduct another % since they're used. Say, 10% per year since the launch of the laptop. That should give you a pretty good idea of what you can maybe get for them.

Solution

Flipping

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

As I has said in the context, my friend from class is willing to buy the laptop from me.