How quickly can I convert and rip video files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor Wood

Estimable
Mar 14, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy an AMD FX8350 8 core, and 2 x 4gb corsair vengeance ddr3 ram, originally I was getting some lower grade components for gaming but I managed to score a good deal from a local shop which had the processor, ram and motherboard.

My question is, now I have 8 cores to play with, how quickly could I rip a DVD and store it as a high quality file on my computer? Similarly, if I wanted to convert a 20 minute video, how long would that take? And does anybody have any advice on ripping DVDs? I'm changing from a 2gb compaq laptop with a pentium processor so I'm not quite sure what to expect.

This is the same product I have got from the store. Is this set of kit any good? I am fairly new to PC components http://www.amazon.co.uk/Piledriver-1600mhz-Corsair-M5A78L-M-Motherboard/dp/B00FARKC56/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1400012573&sr=1-3&keywords=amd+fx8350

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Most converter software I've used like Pavtop or Handbrake generally records video at the same speed as the clip that it's playing at, and that works that way regardless of the processor. For instance a 1/2 hour clip playing uncompressed would literally take a 1/2 hour to encode. It doesn't matter which processor you're using, you could use a 12 core Xeon and it'd still perform this way.

OppodiA

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
keep in mind that the time of the ripping process varies depending on hardware power on you computer, but also the ripping settings you configure.

I have installed AppGeeker Ripper installed on my computer desktop, It generally takes around 30~40 minutes to rip a 4.7 GB disc and backup the content on HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.