How to Add Headphones to Smart TV, Preserving Soundbar Audio

Apr 14, 2018
I would like to use a bluetooth headset with my Samsung Smart TV (model UN49MU7000F), without disabling the soundbar (model HW-M450). Most solutions I've read about involve splitting the HDMI and/or optical signal from the TV, but I'd like to use the TV's bluetooth system.

Any ideas?

Apr 14, 2018
I was able to enable the "Multi-Output Audio" output accessibility feature of my Samsung smart TV, pair a set of Bluetooth headphones with the TV, and independently control the volume of each audio output device--headphones and soundbar. The headphones volume is controlled with switches on the headphones themselves while the soundbar volume is controlled with its IR remote. Yeah!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 0
nwgamelover Streaming Video & TVs 8
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
G Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 7
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 3
V Streaming Video & TVs 6
Similar threads
Solved! I have a new Samsung Smart TV and bought Sony WH-RF400 wireless headphones. Won't connect...
How to do I hook up a set of wireless headphones to my Samsung series 5 led smart tv?
how to connect my Bluetooth headphones to LG Smart TV LA-6120????
trying to connect Alcatel Android phone to LG Smart TV with 3.5 mm headphone jack/RCA cables
How do I connect bluetooth headphones to a non smart tv with hdmi jack
Connect 2 pairs of Bluetooth headphones to my Samsung smart tv
Using bose bluetooth headphones the sound goes in and out using any app on my smart tv.
Looking for help with Bluetooth headphones for my husband who doesn’t hear well, so I can turn the tv volume down.
Use Your Bluetooth Headphones with your Samsung Smart TV
Help with "why" headphones are not working with TV
Connect Samsung Smart tv with sound bar to Panasonic wireless headphones - 4 years old
How can I use a headphone with a samsung smart tv with no audio output
audio when playing only netflix movies through headphone
how can i hook up headphones to my Samsung 8000 smart tv without affecting tv speakers
Boze bluetooth headphones will not pair with telme attached to the optical audio out of Samsung smart tv. What to do?
I have a Samsung smart tv - but i am having a difficult time connecting headphones to it. there is only hdmi outlets and red a
Connecting 2 wired headphones to a TV
using headphones with smart tv
I have a Samsung smart t.v. with surround sound. Can I get bluetooth wireless headphones to work?
How can i use my non smart tv with Bluetooth headphones and also use the tv speaker at the same time?

ASK THE COMMUNITY