How to compare the SoC's (CPU's and GPU's) on tablets?

Inspector Gadget

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
I have recently been researching different tablets, although I'm finding it very difficult to make direct comparisons between them due to the fact that they use different SoC. The fact that the SoC has both the CPU and GPU on one chip, one model may have a better CPU whilst the other may have a better GPU. Which of these is most important for the function of the tablet?

Am I also correct in thinking that even tablets with the same specs are not necessarily going to have the same performance if the SoC's are manufactured by different companies? i.e. If one company makes a 2.0GHZ octa-core processor and another company makes a 2.0GHZ octa-core processor, there may still be a significant difference in terms of performance for reasons such as manufacturing architecture (40nm, 28nm, 22nm etc.).

Is there an easy way to compare different tablets (perhaps a website) with the above in mind in mind?

Solution
Ok to answer your questions I will answer them in the order you have asked:

1. CPU is the thing that controls the function. GPUs are only used for games and graphic intensive tasks
2. Yes there can be a huge difference in performance even if the hardware is the same as the software is the program that tells it how to perform tasks. A simple example is samsung's touchwiz, it is very memory hungry so it uses a lot of ram which puts pressure on the cpu which will shorten its lifespan whereas pure android like on a nexus device is more efficient
3. Notebookcheck is a good website if you want to compare phone or http://www.gsmarena.com/
Ok to answer your questions I will answer them in the order you have asked:

1. CPU is the thing that controls the function. GPUs are only used for games and graphic intensive tasks
2. Yes there can be a huge difference in performance even if the hardware is the same as the software is the program that tells it how to perform tasks. A simple example is samsung's touchwiz, it is very memory hungry so it uses a lot of ram which puts pressure on the cpu which will shorten its lifespan whereas pure android like on a nexus device is more efficient
3. Notebookcheck is a good website if you want to compare phone or http://www.gsmarena.com/

Solution