How to connect an indoor antennae to receie over the air free broadcast to the coaxial cable on my HD tv? Where do I connect i

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your TV has an internal tuner there is be an antenna RF input. It will look like a threaded cylinder with a hole in the center. The part you will see will look like the protruding part of this.
https://www.alliedelec.com/bomar-interconnect-products-864b509/70000431/?mkwid=srGDIKgE7&pcrid=30980760979&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3LfPz9_Y2gIVBFcMCh0RuAJJEAQYAiABEgI3PvD_BwE
You will also need to set the TV tuner to over the air and run a channel scan. Digital tuners will only tune channels from the list created during this scan. Reorient the antenna and run a new scan if you don't get all the channels you expect to see. The owners manual for the TV will have details.
If the TV is actually a monitor (no internal tuner) then you will need to get an external one and connect it to the TV with HDMI if it's an HDTV.

If your TV has an internal tuner there is be an antenna RF input. It will look like a threaded cylinder with a hole in the center. The part you will see will look like the protruding part of this.
https://www.alliedelec.com/bomar-interconnect-products-864b509/70000431/?mkwid=srGDIKgE7&pcrid=30980760979&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3LfPz9_Y2gIVBFcMCh0RuAJJEAQYAiABEgI3PvD_BwE
You will also need to set the TV tuner to over the air and run a channel scan. Digital tuners will only tune channels from the list created during this scan. Reorient the antenna and run a new scan if you don't get all the channels you expect to see. The owners manual for the TV will have details.
If the TV is actually a monitor (no internal tuner) then you will need to get an external one and connect it to the TV with HDMI if it's an HDTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 3
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
ggg_123 Streaming Video & TVs 4
bridgestone-tired Streaming Video & TVs 1
tlaudahl Streaming Video & TVs 2
Anti-Gravity Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
nik0sl Streaming Video & TVs 3