How to Connect Humax, Panasonic Smart TV & Panasonic Home Theatre

Richard Forster

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015
Hi all,

I need help as I'm not that good at connecting things correctly. I have all 3 units as mentioned above and they are connected so that sound from the Humax box (which is for Free Sat), and the DVD player of the Home Theatre unit play fine. What I cant seem to get right is the sound from the TV.

I want to watch BBC iPlayer for example and the sound to play through the HT unit, but I can only get the sound through the TV which kind of defeats the object. Any ideas????

Richard

Solution
There are two ways to get the TV sound into your HTiB. The first is an audio cable from the TV to the HTiB. What kind depends on the audio out of the TV and the inputs available on the HTiB. Most TVs have optical audio out.
The second requires that the TV and HTiB both have ARC (audio return channel). You must connect the HTiB to the HDMI input of the TV marked as ARC and then turn on in the TV and maybe in the HTiB.
There are two ways to get the TV sound into your HTiB. The first is an audio cable from the TV to the HTiB. What kind depends on the audio out of the TV and the inputs available on the HTiB. Most TVs have optical audio out.
The second requires that the TV and HTiB both have ARC (audio return channel). You must connect the HTiB to the HDMI input of the TV marked as ARC and then turn on in the TV and maybe in the HTiB.

Solution