How to connect my wifi tablet to wired internet in hotel room?

sweet sue

Estimable
Mar 23, 2014
I am trying to switch from slow netbook to a Samsung tablet when travelling abroad. Many hotels rooms have wifi but others only have a phone jack to connect to internet. Is there a device i can buy to make this happen?

Tablets don't include a 'port' to connect a extra card into like a laptop might for the ETHERNET (the telephone looking cable that is bigger). IF your tablet has USB slot there is USB to Ethernet adapters out there, BestBuy, Fry's Electronics, and such would carry them. They are a bit rare these days though you may need to try Amazon instead.

sweet sue

Estimable
Mar 23, 2014
thank for your help. i have found an ethernet adapter (on sale at best buy online for $10) and will look into the asus pocket router. there is some question as to whether the samsung galaxy tab3 will support either of these; samsung has said both yes and no. will just have to try it out. i am very appreciative for your assistance.

ob653

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014
Just tried the ASUS pocket router with my Note 10.1. WIFI just toggles on and off, crashes the settings menu. Works fine for my Galaxy S4 though...weird.