How to connect (old) Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ800U to new Vizio sound bar

Audio Newbie

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Bought a new Vizio sound bar SB3851-DO and trying to connect i to my old Panasonic TV via digital optical cable. AFAIK the TV is too old to handle HDMI ARC. Getting no sound at all from the speakers. Guessing it's an issue with the settings on my TV (I've turned the TV speakers off)

The manual has a diagram showing that you can connect the TV via digital optical cable to speakers or an amplifier. (p.40, link to manual here).
http://

Please help, would really like to keep this sound bar. Thanks!!

Make sure you have selected the optical as your input on the soundbar.
Some TVs require the optical out to be turned on. Try changing the audio output type of the TV.
The audio output type of the TV may not be compatible with the soundbar. Page 41 of the manual states that
"When audio from other equipment connected to this unit via HDMI is output using “DIGITAL AUDIO OUT” of this
unit, the system switches to 2CH audio." That may not be compatible with the Vizio.

Make sure you have selected the optical as your input on the soundbar.
Some TVs require the optical out to be turned on. Try changing the audio output type of the TV.
The audio output type of the TV may not be compatible with the soundbar. Page 41 of the manual states that
"When audio from other equipment connected to this unit via HDMI is output using “DIGITAL AUDIO OUT” of this
unit, the system switches to 2CH audio." That may not be compatible with the Vizio.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nic_dav Audio 3
A Audio 1
C Audio 2
B Audio 1
C Audio 5
D Audio 1
J Audio 1
P Audio 3
A Audio 7
bryanthemercman Audio 3
K Audio 3