how To connect PC with dual DVI ports to UHD samsung 43ku7970 Via HDMI ?!

Feb 23, 2018
hi
when i attach pc to tv with one convertor and HDMI cable
Nvidia Gforce 8800GT to samsung 43ku7970 .
on screen i see a message that type that resolution not supportet by TV
i changed resolution and from 720X480 from 1920X1080
but all is the same
what should i do ?!
please help me
thanks

Solution
Dual-link DVI to HDMI would require active conversion which means it would cost more than a new graphics card, and would still be limited to 2560x1600 while the card could output 4k.

Worse, I don't see any on the market so you'd have to get an active converter from dual-link DVI to Displayport, then another one from Displayport to HDMI. That would cost as much as a new APU system that could output 4k without a graphics card, and be 3x faster than your present PC

No passive converter can run in dual-link, because the HDMI spec is single-link at up to a much higher clock than old DVI. Simple pin-conversion hobbles the HDMI with the lower clocks too.

Your motherboard is Legacy BIOS only so should work fine with a GT1030. Then, when...

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
I've had issues with even dual-link DVI monitors failing to negotiate more than single-link and the result is a horrifically blocky interlaced picture with half the data missing.

See, the 8800GT's DVI is dual-link and HDMI is only equivalent to single-link. If it thinks the adapter is dual-link and sends a dual-link signal, you get an unsupported resolution. So it's probably a compatibility issue with the adapter.

That said, the TV is 4k so you will probably want at least a Maxwell 745-750-750Ti card with HDMI to show the full 4k resolution and further, decode H.264 in hardware to at least watch videos in 4k. 950-960-1030 can also hardware accelerate H.265 + Youtube VP9 in 4k as well, and the Pascal GT1030 is only US$79

The modern cards work in either BIOS or UEFI, at least with aftermarket (non-OEM) motherboards but the only ones that work in early implementations of UEFI without GOP are those few 750Ti cards that have a switch to force Legacy BIOS boot mode. Without that, the Hybrid vBIOS attempts to initialize in pure UEFI mode and never shows a picture.

Feb 23, 2018

no my adapter is Single Link
i must try Duble Link DVI?
i think if i try to change GP cart i must change mother board and all of system.
i want to see full HD videos on TV
and when i want see 4k videos then Put my flash on tv

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
The adapter must be single-link because HDMI is single-link only. You may try another adapter as perhaps a different one will properly represent itself as such. Or you may try a DVI-I to component cable also. However even if it works, you will only ever get 1080p on your 4k TV with that old card.

What motherboard do you have? It may well work fine with modern cards.

Feb 23, 2018
i thin my mother board is "https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M3N78EH/"
but i didn't home to check which model is mine
Hmm as u said because of DVI Output ports I must use a Dual DVI link to HDMI to it's work
am I right ?!

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
Dual-link DVI to HDMI would require active conversion which means it would cost more than a new graphics card, and would still be limited to 2560x1600 while the card could output 4k.

Worse, I don't see any on the market so you'd have to get an active converter from dual-link DVI to Displayport, then another one from Displayport to HDMI. That would cost as much as a new APU system that could output 4k without a graphics card, and be 3x faster than your present PC

No passive converter can run in dual-link, because the HDMI spec is single-link at up to a much higher clock than old DVI. Simple pin-conversion hobbles the HDMI with the lower clocks too.

Your motherboard is Legacy BIOS only so should work fine with a GT1030. Then, when you later upgrade to a newer system, the 1030 should still be useful.

Solution