How to connect Phillips home theater to PC? (3.5mm input ports)

ayanmajumdar

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
I have Phillips DSP 2800 5.1 and I want to use it with my pc. It has 3.5mm input ports so I bought a 3.5mm male to male cable and connected the center speaker to the green audio port at the back of the pc and it works. So I was wondering if I connect the other 2 inputs from the speaker system to the orange and black port will all the speakers work together? If not then what do I have to do in order to get them all working together?
I have less knowledge regarding this, please be simple.
https://imgur.com/a/i1mmy3d
https://imgur.com/a/8cO98Mr

That 5.1 speaker is really weird. It only has a 2 channel input. The PC won't be able to drive the speakers very loud but if you want to try it correctly then:
The green audio output of the PC should connect to the left and right front satellite speakers. You will need a splitter than will separate the left and right from the stereo jack and connect it to each speaker.
The black rear output would connect to the rear satellite speakers with the same type of adapter and cable as the front,
The orange center sub output would also need to split. One output would go the center speaker the other to one of the inputs on the subwoofer.
You would set the PC to 5.1 channel and adjust the levels of each channel to get proper balance of surround sound and bass.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
Seoxis Streaming Video & TVs 0
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
catchgarry Streaming Video & TVs 1
mrinaldrive1 Streaming Video & TVs 1
V Streaming Video & TVs 4
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2