How to connect PS4/PS3 with Logitech Z623 THX Speaker set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefano1511

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015
So I am wondering: how do I connect my PS3/PS4 with my speakers?

These are the speakers that I own:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z623-2-1-Speaker-System/dp/B003UPJXIC

The set allows for 2 3.5mm jack connections, two on the side of the right satelite speaker. For the rest it only has AUX ports on the back of the subwoofer...

I see that the playstation only has a optical/hdmi output...

Or am I missing something?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I run a dual monitor setup. And as with most monitors... they don't have speakers built in.

Solution

boju

Distinguished
Solution

Stefano1511

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015

So I have to connect an optical cable to the receiving end of the converter, and then use a 2rca to 2rca cable and connect it with the white/red ports on my subwoofer?

Stefano1511

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015

Thank you for your help man, you are very kind. :)
Voted best solution!

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
I freely admit I didn't click on the link, not that it talks about what ports it has. I assumed it was like the laptops I have where it has dual headphone jacks If there is a way to use 3.5mm connections then awesome. But when you say dual 3.5mm jacks I was thinking headphones for both, which as I said won't work because headphone jacks are outs and not inputs.

Haven't seen much of you around 4745454b, have you been on leave?

I don't read forums like most. I normally just use the forum feed so if someone hangs out in certain sections I'll only show up here and there. It's a habit I need to break as some mods hang out in certain sections and we never run across each other. It's nice if we all touch base every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.