How to connect Sony MDR-ZX22OBT Wireless HeadPhones to Vizio TV using Netgear USB WiFi Adapter

Mar 21, 2018
Hello - I purchased Sony MDR-ZX22OBT Wireless Headphones and a Netgear N300 WiFi USB Adapter from Target so my father could watch TV with the wireless headphones. The Target employee told me I would need the USB Adapter in order for the headphones to work. They have a Vizio TV and an Apple TV device attached to it. I was able to connect the Netgear USB Adapter to their home WiFi connection. I then placed the USB adapter behind their TV in the USB port. After charging the headphones, I tried to pair them using the instructions. However, the instructions only show pictures of pairing them with an Android or iPhone device. I pressed the button for 7 seconds and the red and green lights started to flash. I tried to search for settings in the regular TV and their is no Bluetooth option. When I switched over to the Apple TV remote, their is a Bluetooth option, but it just kept on trying to search without any devices shown as options. What am I doing wrong? Are there some simple steps you can provide to set up the headphones and use them? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Mar 21, 2018
I'm not sure about the model, it doesn't say on the front anywhere. It's a large flat screen TV, probably anywhere from 50-60 inches. The model # on the back is E55OVA. Does that help? They do have two computers, a laptop and a desktop, along with a wireless router.

Mar 21, 2018
I'm not sure about the model, it doesn't say on the front anywhere. It's a large flat screen TV, probably anywhere from 50-60 inches. The model # on the back is E55OVA. Does that help? They do have two computers, a laptop and a desktop, along with a wireless router.

Mar 21, 2018

I am afraid you did not get the answer from @kanewolf. This USB adapter is good for computers only. It will not work on a TV (even if that TV has USB ports).

Moreover - you're mixing "WiFi" which is network technology (eg to connect to Internet) with "Bluetooth" which is communication technology most often used to connect headphones to smart phone.

The question about the TV brand is in order to check whether other adapter can be used to transmit sound to your Sony headphones.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Your devices speak two different languages.
The headphones speak bluetooth, the Netgear speaks WiFi. Your TV speaks sign language.

This TV?
https://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-e550va/specs/
https://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-reviews/vizio-e550va
https://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E550VA-55-Inch-1080p-Black/dp/B003GDFJSG

You just bought this? It's an 8 year old model. I hope you got it cheap.
I had a similar Vizio. Ended up selling it for $200. Piece of junk that would not stay 'on'.

Solution