How to connect Sony STR-de505 to listen to roku videos on sharpv t

Jul 15, 2018
Audio cable connected from Sony STR-de505 receiver to Spectrum cable box will play surround sound on speakers connected to receiver.

Roku is connected to tv via hdmi cord.
Audio cable connected from receiver to tv will not play surround sound or any sound on receiver when I watch videos on my tv from Roku device. Can you provide me with a solution? Thank you.

Solution
Does the TV have analog audio outputs? You may be mistaking inputs for outputs.
If the TV only has digital audio out then you will need a digital to analog converter. Check the TV manual on how to use the digital audio output. If it can't be set for PCM you will need to get a DAC that accepts 5.1 bitstream.
You have to fiddle with TV' settings to make sure it will output sound to the audio output. You may fail here, you might have to contact your TV' support for help.

Also - make sure the audio input on the Sony, and cable connecting it to the TV actually works (try connecting a phone / tablet / laptop there).

Does the TV have analog audio outputs? You may be mistaking inputs for outputs.
If the TV only has digital audio out then you will need a digital to analog converter. Check the TV manual on how to use the digital audio output. If it can't be set for PCM you will need to get a DAC that accepts 5.1 bitstream.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS