How to connect Yamaha RX-v673 to Samsung KS8000 tv using HDMI ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mhenson306

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
I have all my sources (Xbox one, Comcast xfinity box, ps4) connected to the hdmi inputs on the tv. Next I have an hdmi cable going from my arc input (HDMI 4) on the tv to the hdmi input 1 on the receiver. I have turned on hdmi control and arc on the receiver and anynet on the Samsung tv. Also I made sure the output for audio on the tv is via Reciever(hdmi). Turned off and turned on both units to get a handshake multiple times but still not getting any sound thru the Yamaha Reciever. The arc is connecting because when I turn the tv off it turns off the Reciever.

Also when the Reciever turns on it show HDMI 1 as the source then switches to AV4 automatically.
Once again I'm using a Yamaha RX-v673 and a Samsung 60KS8000 tv. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

Solution

I would consult the receiver's manual closely, it seems more logical that TV(HDMI 4) to Reciver(HDMI OUT.

And if this works, all your players should be hooked up to the receiver, not to the TV and let the receiver be the central switcher.

I would consult the receiver's manual closely, it seems more logical that TV(HDMI 4) to Reciver(HDMI OUT.

And if this works, all your players should be hooked up to the receiver, not to the TV and let the receiver be the central switcher.

Solution

Mhenson306

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

I will try hooking up to HDMI out. I can't use the Reciever as a switcher because it can't pass thru 4K with HDR and I have an Xbox One S hooked which outputs both.

Status
Not open for further replies.