How to control with one remote Sony Bravia x850c + Yamaha A/V Receiver + Cable box

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherllon

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
Hello all,

Just upgraded to this 4K Sony Android TV (X850C/X855C) and retired my previous LG (6610) one. I'm trying to do as I used to have on my previous setup:

TV <-------> Receiver (Yamaha v477) <--------- Cable box (and other peripherals not relevant right now)

The ARC+CEC supposedly works fine. Why supposedly? I'm able to control volume of the receiver via TV remote and when I turn off the TV, the receiver also turns off. Also sound from TV apps goes to the receiver just fine.

The issue here is: is it possible to control my set-top box with Sony's remote or a virtual one (like LG's TV app)? I know that LG has this app where u setup the remote code and then whenever I used the virtual remote, the control would go to the receiver which passed it to the set-top box and profit! But so far I can't do the same with this Sony Bravia X855C. I read about IR blaster, but that's now what I'm looking for, I wanted to take advantage of the CEC (Bravia Sync) itself (unless LG's uses some other technology that I'm currently not aware of).

Anyone could do so? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Inter-operativity between different brands is not universal.

The rest of us just use a universal remote and program in the code sequences to operate our stuff.

(I said JUST but it does take lots of work, good universals are not cheap, but the end result is, ONE REMOTE).
Inter-operativity between different brands is not universal.

The rest of us just use a universal remote and program in the code sequences to operate our stuff.

(I said JUST but it does take lots of work, good universals are not cheap, but the end result is, ONE REMOTE).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.