How to Convert SD 480p to HD 720p on a iMac

MorrowindExplorer

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014
I want to convert some of my SD movies to HD Movies, I would like to play them in 16:9 720p but how would i accomplish that, and with what kind of program (The Program can be Paid or free) and i am using a iMac Late 2006

Solution
Your TV has an scaler in it to convert to the native resolution of the set so you don't need to do that in the iMac. The TV aspect ratio controls will give you the option of stretching the picture or cutting off the top and bottom to get the screen full. Usually isn't acceptable to do either but easy to try.

MorrowindExplorer

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014
I would like to do that because i have a flat screen TV 16:3 and the Video file is 4:3 so i would like the video to be full screen when played on the TV

The Luggage

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
Have you tried reading your TV's manual to see if there is an option to adjust the Zoom/Aspect Ration?
Any newer TVs should be able to strech and scale the video automatically.

Your TV has an scaler in it to convert to the native resolution of the set so you don't need to do that in the iMac. The TV aspect ratio controls will give you the option of stretching the picture or cutting off the top and bottom to get the screen full. Usually isn't acceptable to do either but easy to try.

Solution