How to delete a virus i dont have permissions for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2018
I downloaded a peice of software yesterday, but with it came copious amounts of malware and trojans etc. I disabled my AV to get the application to run, but the application ran numerous viruses, adware etc. I deleted a file called Lithograph. But it kept coming back and now it says i dont have the permissions to edit it. Ive tried revoking its permissions, changing the name, using "Take Ownership" but nothing is working. I downloaded AVG to shred it and avg couldnt do it. Im having this problem with a fair few files including some Svc files, something called iTranslator and even tho ive uninstalled and deleted google chrome it keeps repearring on my desktop, but everyone i click something on any page it opens ads. Is there anyway to get rid of these without wiping my drive? I have 900gbs worth of stuff on my drive that i need to keep
Thanks

Aug 13, 2018
I am currently running malwarebytes, even though i havent even got a browser open it keeps showing me notifications saying its blocked a website due to hijack or adware

androbourne

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Normally you need to run multiple programs. Not just malwarebytes. Malwarebytes focus's mainly on... malware. You need to cover all sides of infections.

Try ADWare removal tool, CCleaner, Spybot S&D and then another Anti Virus and perform a full scan. Try AVG another free AV.

If it still continues then you may have a heavy root kit. Try running Combofix.

Its best to run these in safe mode. So install them first if you can then boot into safe mode and run it.

Aug 13, 2018
Malwarebytes manages to fix it by itself. It found over a 1000 threats.
It also wasnt pirated software, i mean it isnt really far off but the software itself wasnt pirated. Just a dodgy site

androbourne

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017

I would still run those other scans as I recommended. There is more out there then just malware...

Just run ADWare Cleaner (which is also owned by Malwarebytes) I'm 99% sure you will find a decent amount of infections with this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.