How to disable mousepad, hp laptop

17Spencerk

Estimable
Feb 5, 2016
Have gone into the devices and deleted the driver multiple times, but upon startup it is always downloaded again. Problem being, whenever I type, it starts moving around. And while playing games at rather high sensitivity, any mouse movements drastically changes what I want to do. Is there any way to temporarily disable it while I'm not using it? I normally use a mouse, but sometimes at school I do not have room for a mouse and instead use the touchpad, the laptop is a touchscreen, so the mousepad being completely gone wouldn't be a massive issue.

Solution
Sorry that didn't work for you. On some models, a rapid succession double tap in one of the corners of the track pad enables/disables it.

-Wolf sends

17Spencerk

Estimable
Feb 5, 2016

Already seen that article, did not help. When right clicking the touchpad it does not give me the option to disable, I also do not have that little touchpad thing in my notifications, found where it told me to go in the tutorial but it does not have the disable button. If the problem was as simple as doing a google search, as you did, I wouldn't be here asking for help.

17Spencerk

Estimable
Feb 5, 2016

Double tapping merely double clicks on my track pad.