...How to download mp3 in 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

io me

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
So, apparently I am too old-fashioned to appreciate music streaming and, especially when I travel abroad, I like to have it stored in my memory card.
I used to download music with emule, but nowadays it's not so efficient anymore. I tried u-torrent, but it's not very friendly: too many clicks required to download a single song... if you can find it.
I tried Songr, but found very few songs.

I also tried some online tools to download mp3 from youtube, but the video's audio track is not always "clean" (maybe there are seconds of silence at the end, volume can vary between different videos...)...quite different from the experience I used to have.
Anyway I could adapt to this, if I could find an efficient tool with no annoying ads.

Is it possible that today music is so easy to listen but... so difficult to store in a hard disk?
Do you have any advice? How do you download music?

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
The trouble with your question is that it's not legal to download copyrighted music for free so even if we do know how you won't get an answer here on a public forum or it'll just get removed if you do.

Google play store sells music as MP3s as well, but to download them you have to use the play store app on a PC otherwise it's just added to your library for streaming.

I'm not much into streaming either but my ISP gives me spotify premium as part of tha package and I have to admit it's not bad, and you can actually download music for offline listening if you want to.

I still have about 250CDs in a box in my closet that I ripped to my hard drive, so that's where I get most of mine.

kanewolf

Judicious
Yes, as @Dugimodo says, Tom's does not tolerate piracy in any form. The only answer you will get here is to purchase songs from a legitimate source. Buy the CD and rip them, buy from Amazon, Google, iTunes, etc. Any other discussions will get this thread closed in a second.

stdragon

Proper
Apr 5, 2018

CDex in MP3 using the LAME encoder. 128 to 320 kbps VBR @ 44khz set to high quality

Brings back memories :)

io me

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
I understand Tomshardware's concerns, but I never mentioned copyrighted music. There is plenty of free music around and I am looking for the most efficient way to download it.

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
Generally such music is already about as efficient to download as it gets.

If it's a specific sharing platform, their app may help. Jamendo, for instance, has a mobile app I believe that lets you download their artist offerings.

Which btw, if you haven't heard of them, check out Jamendo. They make their money selling music playlists to like stores and stuff, but they have a huge library of independents free for download for non-com use.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Then wherever you're downloading it from has some clicky to initiate that download.
Save it on your system at your discretion.

For instance, some artist might have some/all of his stuff freely downloadable, on their website.

I'm not aware of anywhere that might consolidate that from multiple sources.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
i have found that pretty much any of the streaming services is enough for me. they all let you download for offline listening. i actually liked google music more than the others i have tried. no liits, if it is on the service it is part of the subscription fee and available to download offline. amazon limits what is free and can even make half a cd free and the other not. rather annoying really.

i have a good thousand songs downloaded from google music myself on my phone. can add more so long as have sd card space. simply add to library and it will download. can't imagine it getting any easier than that.

of course if you cancel subscription, then you lose access to the music but that's expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.