how to enable onboard HDMI for audio while keeping Gcard for video

pocketbell

Estimable
Jun 5, 2015
Hi,

Is there a way to use the onboard HDMI of my motherboard for my home theater while keeping the video working on my graphics card?

here's my spec:
procei: i5 3rd gen
vcard: sapphire hd 7770
mobo: gigabyte z77-d3h
VIA HD Audio Deck

here's my current set-up
monitor (vx239) is connected to my graphics card and i'm using RCA to connect my home theater to my PC.
I tried to connect the home theater to my mobo but it doesn't work and I can't find the HDMI option under the playback devices.
If this is not an option, will it work if i'll use a mini-hdmi instead and and connect it to the extra slot of my graphics card?

Urumiko

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
if you go in to control pannel > sound

connect the HDMI cable.
In there do you see any reference to the HDMI output?
if not there is an option to make sure disabled/unused devices are visible.. make sure that is selected.

if you see the hdmi output you just need to right click it and set as the default sound device.

If you cant get it to work without using the HDMI port for your screen, then you can try going in to your display options and turning on screen mirroring so that the computer thinks it needs to send everything to both ports..

pocketbell

Estimable
Jun 5, 2015

i did try this but i can't see the HDMI option under playback devices..here is what i get:
28vcba9.jpg

[If you cant get it to work without using the HDMI port for your screen, then you can try going in to your display options and turning on screen mirroring so that the computer thinks it needs to send everything to both ports..]
can you please teach me how to do this? and really sorry if im being too noob..i just wanted to get the surround sound thru HDMI..

its also set to check the disabled and disconnected devices

thank you so much by the way