How to EXTEND my HP Notebook Monitor to two Monitors using the two display ports

HPIsCrap123

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015
Please help.

I have a HP Envy notebook and it has two Display Ports (right next to each other) and one HDMI port and a Radeon Graphics card.

I bought two ViewSonic VA2455Sm monitors (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O23HKFO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that each have one VGA port and one DVI-D port.

I thought that I could simply plug the left monitors DVI-D port to the left display port on the HP computer and plug the right monitors DVI-D port to the right display port on the HP computer and then go into control panel and identify each monitor and drag and drop them where they should be, but it did not work.

No go. Only one display will show up at a time.

I have tested both monitors and they work fine. If I have both monitors plugged in at the same time only one monitor will work.

I have tried to plug one monitor into the display port and the other monitor into the HDMI port but that did not work either and it is the same problem... only one monitor will only display at a time regardless of what port it is plugged into.

I could tell that when the monitors are plugged in the computer each is electronically detecting them because the computer makes a "bling bling "sound as the monitor is being plugged into the port and when the plug is being removed from the port so the plugs are all working.

If I unplug the left monitor the right will fire up.

The Control Panel will even show three monitors however I can only assign #1 and #2 and even thought # appears in the picture I cannot change anything.

I have made sure the graphics is set at 1920 X 1080.

Has anybody solve this issue?

I would think that it would be easy because the HP has two display ports so one would think that it can have two additional displays?!?!?!?

Is there any way that I can get my monitor extended on all three monitors? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you very much in advance

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there does your laptop support matrix display or trinity?? sounds like your problem is your laptop does not support up to 2 external monitors. now just because you have a vga port a hdmi port and a display port doesnt mean that it can display up to 2 more monitors it just means they are giving you lots of options so if you choose to use and external monitor. hope this helps