How to fix lenovo y700 poping. It only stops if tilted or sound driver removed ?

DareDevil8

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
It happened in a few hours after I got the laptop. Once I palyed a game for few minutes, the poping started from that point. I have windows 8.1. Have already tried everything with drivers and anything I could find on the internet.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Try the following, always back up or create a restore point on your laptop before making changes
1 Uninstall Lenovo's Energy Management program.
2 Create a new power plan and name it whatever you want.
3 Navigate: "Edit Plan Settings" > "Change Advance Power Settings."
4 Click on the plus sign next to the dropdown title "Processor Power Management."
5 Click on the plus sign next to the dropdown title "Maximum processor state."
6)Change the value of "Plugged in:" from 100 to 95.

DareDevil8

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

How to uninstall the lenovo energy management and where to find it ?

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Lets not uninstall it, type msconfig in start up menu press enter a pop up box will appear select the tab startup, scroll down and see if you find the energy management program then untick it and click apply. This will not remove it but will disable it on reboot.You will need to reboot but becareful you don't play with other things as they may stop working.

DareDevil8

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

There's no such thing in there

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Did you get a popup box by typing msconfig if so is it under boot or services if not,
You can remove it by going to control panel and selecting program and features.
Forgive me I don't have a windows 10 laptop in front of me and things maybe different on yours.

DareDevil8

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

I have windows 8.1. there is only 'power' by microsoft under services .or the "lenovo service bridge "app but there's no" lenovo energy management program"

DareDevil8

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

I installed the program, when disabled, did the rest, bet the poping didn't wanished

DareDevil8

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Now the poping appears when The laptop is plugged. If it is not the poping appears then the audio sarts playing, after shuting down audio, the poping stops in a few seconds

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

Sorry it never fixed the popping, like a lot of things it's trial and still error. Curious how it stops when you tilt the laptop does this happen when you're on mains battery or both try with main not battery attached too? Let me know

Here's post you may wish to read if not already done.
http://corey.degrandchamp.com/2010/11/25/fixed-windows-7-sound-popping-cracking-skipping/

DareDevil8

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

Yes the sound returns, when it is tilted towards you like 50 degrees both ways. I have already tried those, but did not helped. I just got the laptop one day ago, so I'll gring it to service.

DareDevil8

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

It could be removed by opening the laptop, but it is atached
Maybe if I installed windows 7 that would helped ?

DareDevil8

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

I have opened the laptop to see, but everything is conected normally, but Yes, Il bring it to waranty because it's driving me crazy

DareDevil8

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

I have tried the headphones and the audio was nice but the clicking from laptop speakers did not got away

Feb 12, 2018

This Issue has been happening due to a lenovo manufacturing issue, has not been fixed and lenovo is charging some 100 dolars to fix this and will give you your laptom in about a month. thats not cool. I made a video, has nothing to do with the dirvers or any of that. its the speaker cables being torn by an edge of the motherboard.

like and subscribe. i want to get to 1000 subscribers. this is the absolute fix. for all sound issues on lenovo y700 , and y720.

ALSO HIT THE LIKE ON MY BEATS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xAD1vG8LgI