Arpan_S

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
Which charger should I use to force charge my battery .I mean can i use an old charger which uses pin to charge phone or I have to use one of the modern chargers like those which charge using mini usb slot ?

jasonkaler

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
There's no such thing as "force charge". That must be something you heard in starwars.
So I assume your question is : "Which charger should I use to charge my battery?"

You should use a charger designed for the battery.
Any other charging method will damage the battery.
LIPO, NiMH, NiCD, Lead-Acid, litium etc all need to use a charger designed for their specific chemistry.

itmoba

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015
You should use the appropriate charger(s) designed for that battery. If you want to know the results of improper use, you can perform a relatively simple experiment: take a AAA or AA battery and a paperclip and connect the + to the - of the battery with said paperclip. You feel the battery getting hotter? That's the battery getting ready to explode. The same thing will happen if you attempt to use the improper equipment to charge the battery you're asking about.

NOTE: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD YOU ACTUALLY PERFORM THIS EXPERIMENT!!! DOING SO MAY RESULT IN BODILY HARM OR INJURIES AND RESULT IN PROPERTY DAMAGE!!!

Arpan_S

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015

I Understand what you say ,But I am not able to do that using the specified charger . My camera`s battery is completely dead ,it works but gets exhausted just after 2 secs even after charging overnight .
I read the term force charge on one of the questions regarding the battery problem topic on tomsguide.

Unfortunately, batteries wear out after being charged and discharged a few hundred times.

Lithium batteries are one of the most dangerous to manually charge, and in this case I don't think it would help. I think it was only old NiMH cells that got over-discharged, and some chargers would refuse to try and charge them.

You need to buy a new battery.

itmoba

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015

Remember years back when Li+ laptop batteries would sometimes explode during an airline flight before they got chipped? Ah, those were the days -- good thing they solved that problem.

If it's not charging, there's a reason. Just buy a new battery rather than risk damage to something worth far more than just that battery. That is especially true of li-ion/lipo batteries, which can cause serious fires where people or property could be in danger.