Solved! How to get a Firestick to work on a 10 year old LCD TV...

Dec 28, 2019
Appreciate any help you folks can offer...

Trying to setup our old TV for the kids in the basement with a Firestick, its an older Toshiba with a VGA port and 4x HDMI ports. From the little I have read thus far I have not found any adapters to convert HDMI to USB. Is there a workaround/alternative product which I can purchase to be able to get this firestick working on this old beast?

Thank you in advance!

Solution
You can't convert HDMI to USB and fortunately there is no reason you need to do that.
If the TV has 4 HDMI inputs why not use one for the Firestick? If you don't have an unused input then get an external HDMI input selector to expand the number of inputs.
Appreciate any help you folks can offer...

Trying to setup our old TV for the kids in the basement with a Firestick, its an older Toshiba with a VGA port and 4x HDMI ports. From the little I have read thus far I have not found any adapters to convert HDMI to USB. Is there a workaround/alternative product which I can purchase to be able to get this firestick working on this old beast?

Thank you in advance!

You may be looking at the USB power connector, that you can plug into any USB power source. In fact I think the Firestick should come with it's own adapter.